Tuesday 12 April 2011

Kiddicrap!!

Having the worst week dealing with Kiddicrap, oh sorry Kiddicare. 

Purchased a travel cot that is well under warranty and it just collapsed while Ethan was asleep in it. The damn this is clearly faulty and now won't fold down.

I have spent well over a week, 2 phone calls and 4 emails to get fobbed off with, 'You need to send it back to us'. 

I explained to them I could not package it, as it won't go down! I was informed I would need to, as once they collected it, if it got damaged in transit I would be charged. I would also be charged if no fault was found or if I was not home when it was collected or returned.

I was beginning to feel like they thought they were doing me a favour. However after all it was me that purchased the item that was less than 1 year old an item that could have hurt my child!

I have not had one apology up until this point. 

In my desperation I posted on their facebook wall to say how unhappy I was. Some other mums commented they had similar issues with them.

Two emails later and they sent me a new travel cot.

So it got be thinking do you really have to shame to gain anything as a loyal customer these days? Hmmm

On a brighter note Mothercare are fab! I love love love them, my Bee broke this week and they are sending me out a new one as I cannot get to a store due to my broken hand. 

It's a newer model so I purchased a new hood and liner and they are sending me a £20 voucher as part of their price promise for finding these items cheaper elsewhere. 

Now that is fab customer service and I felt really valued, customer service went above and beyond to help me out. Mothercare it is for me in the future! 

Xx

2 comments:

  1. I really hate it when companies are so awful to customers I had a very simular experience with ICandy who are possibly the worst company to deal with!! Mothercare are very good I always shop with them now as they are so honest and heplful.
    Hope you get it sorted out soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that about ICandy not good. You would think they would want to keep their customers but clearly not. Mothercare do price match too and send you a £20 voucher if the item you brought is over £20 and found cheaper elsewhere which is fab! Xx

    ReplyDelete